St Mark’s is a Community-based Long day care Childcare Centre located in Mt Gravatt, Brisbane. We provide care for up 75 children from 6 weeks to five years of age.
Our goal is to develop the ‘whole’ child within a Christian context. We recognise the potential in each child, and nurture their growth with a holistic program that supports their physical, social, emotional, language, cognitive and spiritual development. Our early childhood educational program stimulates young minds to think independently, while addressing each child’s individual needs, interests and abilities. We strive to ensure all our children receive the best of care in a safe, supportive and stimulating environment. Find out more about our program. We welcome and encourage the involvement of the local community, families, children and staff in our centre: all of these people are vital to the running of St Mark’s. Meet our team of educators. We are a not-for-profit centre, managed by a Governance Committee made up of both parent and church member representatives.
The practices of St Mark’s are based on a philosophy developed in consultation with families and staff:
- Children have the right to a childhood where there is time to dream and grow in a nurturing place surrounded by warm and caring people.
- Children learn best through play-based activities. Our program encourages children to become involved by providing interest-based activities.
- We empower children to make choices, promote peer relationships and provoke thoughts and imagination through a variety of activities.
- By observing and listening to children, we question and suggest new possibilities; encouraging them to explore meaning in what they do.
- We strive for diversity. All staff, families and children should be treated with respect, fairness and equity .
- We believe in creating a Christian environment that celebrates the enjoyment and importance of childhood in a welcoming, happy and relaxed manner.