Early childhood is a vital foundation stage in a child’s learning journey. At St Mark’s we believe children learn best through fun and interesting activities, tailored to their interests, within a caring and supportive environment.
The national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) provides the program’s framework. The EYLF was developed to ensure children receive quality education programs in their early childhood setting, and experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
Our Centre is a Queensland Government Approved Kindergarten Program Provider and offers a Kindergarten program. We follow the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines.
The ideas and interests of our children, families, staff and the community shape the constantly evolving program. We value everyone’s input into the program, with families’ individuality and uniqueness contributing to a diverse and varied curriculum.
We focus on children’s learning through play,
enjoyment, freedom and friendship.
Why is play important?Through play, children have the freedom to:
- Express their personality and uniqueness
- Use their curiosity and creativity
- Connect their prior experiences to new learning
- Develop relationships and concepts.
Our program goalsUsing the program, our educators help children to develop:
- A strong sense of identity
- Connections with their world
- A strong sense of wellbeing
- Confidence and involvement in their learning
- Effective communication skills.